Sunday, August 31, 2008

August 31, 2008

Hmmm...what does one say on their blog?  Is it a journal entry, is it a family news letter like those that get sent out once a year at Christmas time?  I guess it is whatever I want it to be.  Well, since I am 20 weeks pregnant with one or more, male or female, baby(s), I will use my pregnancy as a starting point.  Yes, we are having a little one.  We'll keep you posted on what it's gender is/how many there are.

Danielle is a potty training girl.  She is very polite when I ask her if she needs to go "potty", and she replies", No thanks, I no need it."  After going about her business for a few moments, I as Mother rethink my approach and state, "Come on Danielle-ee, lets go pee-pee!"  She happily follows, and I know it's a good sign of upcoming success when Danielle responds with, "Hurry Mommy!"

Brent is a law school training boy.  Reading, writing, and whatever else they make you do in law school is what his days consist of.  His pursuits of a career in tax law, while mocked by friends and family, bring him happy thoughts while slumbering.  Well, something like that.

Some of the best news of this past week: we got on state maternity insurance so this baby should be covered, Brent kept his scholarship so no worries this year, and my Mom has decided to be baptized into the LDS church on Sept 13 - my Dad is very supportive, and she says she felt an urgency to be and a peace about being baptized.

Hope you like the blog, but only enough to not expect a new entry every day! :)

This one's for you Steph!

Nicole (and Brent, Danielle, puppy Pearl, and fetus Nelson)

2 comments:

Zac said...

Oh Nicole, I am so excited about your Mom's baptism. Is she getting baptized in Benson? How exciting!
Love,
Kathi

Steph Kjelstrom said...

Dearest Brent and Nicole, congrats on your first entry on your blog. It was masterfully done, full of good and useful information. So do you think your having twins? And good job getting maternity insurance, that's a must have!